In today’s episode, I catch up with Uchenna & Chioma Ngwudo. Not only are they sisters, but they are the Founders/CEO’s of the e-commerce powerhouse, Cee Cee’s Closet NYC!
Cee Cee’s Closet NYC showcases the beauty of Nigerian culture, through its stylish, fashionable headwraps and bold prints that have been worn by the likes of actress Tracee Eliss Ross, Tiffany Hadish and beauty influencer Jackie Aina, to name a few!
Cee Cee’s NYC Closet has also been featured in numerous publications such as Time Out NY, ELLE, Allure, Teen Vogue, Essence, glamour magazine and more!
Even with Chioma and Uchenna’s extraordinary success, Cee Cee’s Closet NYC continues to give back to the community by creating equitable paying jobs and by providing economic opportunities in communities that are traditionally low/non-paying exploitative industries in Africa.
Cee Cee’s Closet NYC remarkably bridges the gap between taking care of your curls with protective yet fashionable headwear.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- What led Uchenna to yearn for a more fashionable way to protect her curls.
- How Chioma and Uchenna make sure to keep the customer number one.
- How Chioma and Uchenna give back to the communities in Africa through Cee Cee’s Closet NYC.
- Why it is so important to stay grounded and connected to the consumer through the use of social media.
- How Chioma and Uchenna have expanded their line since launching Cee cee’s Closet NYC 5 years ago.
Tune in and don’t forget to Subscribe, Rate and Review!
Check out this episode and more on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Player!
Click here to subscribe to my RSS Feed (non-itunes feed): https://www.hairsthescoop.com/podcast
Follow me on Instagram where you can view exclusive photos and videos on how I style my natural hair & more at: https://www.instagram.com/hairs_the_scoop/
Join our Facebook Community where the conversations continue at: https://www.facebook.com/hairsthescooppodcast
For Sponsorship Info or Collaboration Requests, email me at TeonaSmith@hairsthescoop.com